FDB filter-driers incorporate a desiccant specially formulated and blended from molecular sieves and activated alumina for maximum moisture and acid removal capability.
The active drying material is in the form of beads or pellets. No binding material is used to hold beads together, but rather compacting is performed through some type of mechanical pressure e.g. spring. On the upstream side of the compacted beads is a filter network which cushions flow and traps the solid contaminants.
- Hermetic Design, Bead Style for Liquid Refrigerants Features
- Compacted bead style (spring loaded)
- Optimum blend of molecular sieve and activated alumina combined with high filtration capacity
- Filtration first for more effective use of surface area of desiccant
- High water and acid capacity
- Cushioned flow for non-turbulent performance
- ODF Copper fittings for easy brazing
- Rugged steel shells
- Corrosion-resistant epoxy paint
- Temperature range TS: -40°C…+65°C
- Max. allowable pressure PS: 45 bar
- CE marking not required acc. PED
- Underwriter Laboratories
Liquid line filter-driers are often referred to as system protectors because they remove harmful elements from the circulating refrigerants and lubricants before serious damage results.
No matter how many precautions are taken during assembly and installation or servicing of a system, contaminants can find (generate) their way into the system. These contaminants can be solid, such as metal swarf, flux, dust and dirt. Other equally menacing contaminants are soluble, such as water, acid and wax.