A solenoid valve is an electrically operated device used to control the flow of liquids or gases in a fully open or fully closed configuration. The S6N & S8F are normally closed solenoid valves to control the flow of refrigerant.
Like all Refrigerating Specialties Solenoid Valves, these valves do not modulate. When electrically energized, they open wide; when de-energized, the valves close to stop flow in the normal direction. The S8F is direct acting; the valve needle is lifted and held open electrically by the solenoid coil. No pressure drop or flow is required to open or hold open this valve. Thus, the S6N Solenoid Valve is ideal for use as a pilot solenoid valve. The S8F is a pilot operated valve which features a higher flow capacity than the S6N. Both valves are available with ductile iron or stainless steel bodies.
- Standard Coil Housing Meets NEMA 3R and NEMA 4 – Rain Tight
- Coil Housing Surpasses NEMA Salt Spray Test
- Plunger-Needle Assembly Same for S4A, S5A, S8F, S6A
- PTFE Seat- S6N (Replaceable)
- Replaceable Piston Plug Assembly
- Molded Class “F” Coil Construction
- Same Coil Fits All Refrigerating Specialties Solenoid Valves
- Pilot Light Available
- Stainless Steel Needle
- MRP 28 bar (400 psig)- S6N / S8F
- MOPD 20.7 (300 psig)- S6N / S8F
- Although too small for suction line applications in most cases, the S6N is often used as a pilot solenoid valve to actuate gas powered valves in suction lines
- Automatic liquid flow stop to Thermal Expansion Valves, Float Valves, or Hand Expansion Valves
- Purge Point Solenoids