The Alfa Laval CD line is engineered for air dehumidification in compressed air drying applications, and is part of our complete offering of heat exchangers for the compressed air industry. Known as “combi-dryers,” these units bring together an air-to-air and air-to-refrigerant heat exchanger within one unit. This unique design ensures a compact installation with excellent thermal performance.
- Corrugated compressed plates significantly reduce the total heat exchanger size for the most compact unit possible
- Convenient placement of connections, with all refrigerant connections on one side, and the air and water drain on other
- Integrated connection with heat recovery requires no additional piping
- Low pressure drop provides improved thermal efficiency with reduced energy consumption
- Available in a wide range of capacities: 37-1400 Nm3/h (22-825 scfm)
As a refrigerated air dryer, Alfa Laval CD units separate humidity from compressed air by cooling the air in an evaporator. As the air cools and loses its ability to hold moisture, the condensate exits through a separator. The innovative design of the CD line takes this process another step further. By combining the air-to-refrigerant heat exchanger with air-to-air thermal transfer, CD units can offer much higher efficiency for improved performance. The coldest temperature in the system determines the dew point, which is normally maintained slightly above the freezing point of water, between 2 and 7°C.