PFA PFB PFC puffers
Fiorini puffer buffer tanks are buffer tanks for heating systems designed to produce and store hot technical water, not to be used as domestic hot water, in respect of the ERP Directive.
The puffer buffer tanks are available in the PFA, PFB and PFC versions:
- PFA is the simple storage tank.
- PFB is the storage tank with one exchanger, a smooth internal tube, for a second energy source (for example, solar) to be added.
- PFC is the storage tank with two exchangers, smooth internal tubes, for two other energy sources (for example, solar and water heating fireplace) to be added.
- Capacity range PFA 300 10000 liters, PFB/C 300 a 5000 liters
- Material Carbon steel S 235 JR
- Insulation PU-R / PE+PU-F
- Coating PVC
- Operational limits 95°C / 5 bar
- Usage Hot technical water production and storage
Buffer tanks are tanks used to store chilled water, allowing the operating cycle of the matched heat pump to be optimised and thereby increasing its efficiency. Fiorini buffer tanks stand out in terms of their longevity, the high-density insulation used and the finishing done in true “Made in Italy” style. The range of Fiorini buffer tanks has been designed to improve the operation and the performance of the most advanced conditioning systems. The broad range and the options for customisation enable optimum solutions to be built for any type of system. Fiorini buffer tanks increase the system’s water capacity and improve the longevity of machines, heat pumps, chillers and compressors.
- Reduced machine wear
- Stored heat energy
- Optimised operating cycles
- Customised solutions
- Fewer compressor start-ups
- Heat pumps operate at full capacity
Fiorini buffer tanks are used to store chilled water and are essential in every conditioning system that operates with a reduced amount of water. Installing a storage tank makes the heat pump more efficient and increases its longevity.
Thanks to the storage of chilled water, provided by Fiorini buffer tanks, continuous and rapid changes in the water temperature, due to intermittent regulation, are avoided. Installing a Fiorini buffer tank is also recommended because it reduces, as far as is possible, the compressor’s start-up and switch off cycles.
The storage tanks, depending on the aim, can be divided into balancing tanks and in-line storage tanks. The balancing tanks create 2 separate circuits which have anti-mix or internal baffles, diffusing pipes or conveyor pipes. The in-line storage tanks, on the other hand, do not divide the circuit and should be installed on the return side, preferably before the circulation pump.