The STA2 is a Hot-wire Anemometer built for the HVACR professionals’ air balancing needs. The compact probe tip makes measuring air velocity directly in the duct a breeze. It’s great for traversing a duct and automatically calculating CFM without the hassle and expense of a bulky hood. The 38″ telescoping probe’s laser etched ruling and flattened edges allows techs to locate proper measurement points within a duct, and ensures that the probe is properly aligned.
This in duct hot-wire anemometer quickly calculates CFM from air velocity and free area. And with the intuitive interface, the STA2 makes it easy to capture the correct data.
- In-duct air balancing with fast response time
- Minimizes turbulence effect
- Hands free testing
- 38″ telescoping probe in in-duct traversing
- Dual display shows combo of real-time CFM, air velocity, or temp
- Measures air velocity and temperature
- Calculates CFM
- Slim 38″ telescoping probe for in duct traversing
- Fast response time
- Dual display for combo of real-time CFM, air velocity, or temp
- Depth and direction indicators
- Minimizes turbulence effect with time/test point averages
- Hands-free testing with stabilizing cone and magnetic hanger
- Hot-wire Anemometer – STA2
- Stabilizing Cone
- Blow-molded Case with Padding
- Accuracy: Stated accuracy @ 73°F±9°F (23°C±5°C),<90%RH
- Temperature coefficient: 0.1 x (specified accuracy) per °C for 0°C to 18°C, 28°C to 50°C (32°F to 64°F,82°F to 122°F)
- Operating environment: -4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C) at <75%RH
- Storage temperature: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C), 0 to 80% RH (with battery removed)
- Battery: 9V
- Battery life: 20-35 hours approx. (alkaline)
- Battery indication: is displayed when the battery voltage drops below the operating level.
- Auto Power off: after 15 minutes of inactivity if APO is active.
- Over range: “OL” or “-OL” is displayed
- Dimensions: 7.2 in (H) x 2.5 in (W) x 1.3 in (D) [185mm (H) x 65mm (W) x 35mm (D)]
- Weight: 12 oz. (340g) including battery
- Sensor type: Micro-glass bead thermistor.
- Resolution: 1 fpm (0.01 m/s)
- Range: 40-3960 fpm (0.20-20.00 m/s)
- Accuracy: ± (5%+1 dgt) reading or ± (1%+1dgt)full scale
- Units: fpm, m/s, km/hr, mph
- Temperature Sensor type: Thermistor
- Range: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Resolution: 0.1°C, 0.1°F
±1.0°F for 32°F to 113°F
±2.0°F for -4°F to 32°F, 113°F to 140°F
±0.5°C for 0°C to 45°C
±1.0°C for -20°C to 0°C, 45°C to 60°C